SF East Bay Intimacy & Sex Therapy Center is Hiring!
We Are HIRING:
LICENSED CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGISTS, MFTS, LCSWS, LPCCS, SEXOLOGISTS, Doctors of HUman Sexuality Etc (INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR)
POSITIONS AVAILABLE FOR LICENSED MENTAL HEALTH CLINICIANS, Sexologists and Coaches WHO ARE TRAINED IN COUPLE & SEX THERAPY MODALITIES, as well as other specializations such as EMDR, LGBTQ Psychotherapy, Somatic Therapy, and CHild Therapy.
San Francisco's East Bay Intimacy & Sex Therapy Center is a highly specialized boutique-style relationship and sex therapy center. We strive to contribute to a world in which attending to our sexual, emotional and relationship health is a priority for all and that high quality, accessible psychotherapy is readily available. While we are rooted in traditional psychological theory, our clinicians also stay up to date with today’s cutting-edge treatments based on attachment and neuroscience.
East Bay Intimacy & Sex Therapy Center is joined by Napa Valley Couples Therapy Center and North Berkeley Couples Therapy Center & San Francisco Intimacy & Sex Therapy Center to bring the most recent psycho-neurological advancements in relationship and sex therapy to the general public. We are a part of California Relationship Centers, LLC. Our Centers' focuses on the goal of making the practice of couples counseling and sex & intimacy therapy more relationship-focused and accessible, without the stigma and confusion that often accompanies misperceptions about couple and sex therapy.
Our forte is in attachment-based couples therapy, sex therapy and relationship counseling. Therefore, we are seeking licensed psychotherapists (MFT, LCSW, & Clinical Psychologists etc) to conduct psychotherapy with individuals and couples.Pre-licensed clinicians may be eligible if their supervisors and professional board agree. We also work with relationship and sexuality experts that do not require licenses (coaches, sexologists etc).
Previous or current training in Couples Therapy and/or Sex Therapy Modalities (EFT, PACT , Gottman Method, AEDP, IFS, Imago, Psychoanalytic Couples Therapy, etc) is required. Group consultation, quarterly community meetings, and trainings are offered to enhance clinical skills and provide community and support.
- Be an MFT, MFTi*, PsyD, LCSW, PhD, Doctor of Human Sexuality, Psychological Assistant, Licensed Clinical Psychologist, Clinical Sexologist, or other appropriate credentials and training.
- Have your own office space to see patients in the East Bay, North Bay, Marin, Napa Valley and/or San Francisco, San Jose, Palo Alto (etc) and/or be willing to sign up for Sima Space.
- Want to build your private practice and enjoy a steady stream of referrals.
- Have advanced couples and/or sex therapy training, via at least one of the following modalities:
- Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT)
- Psychobiological Approach to Couple Therapy (PACT)
- Gottman Method
- Sex Therapy
- Internal Family Systems (IFS)
- Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy for Couples (AEDP)
- Other attachment-based relationship therapy modalities
- Want to work independently in your private practice, but also be part of our community and be willing to meet several times a year for training, consultation and community building.
- Be passionate about helping couples work on attachment issues and creating healthy, loving secure relationships.
*Pre-licensed clinicians must have a supervisor who is willing to sign on as an independent contractor on your behalf.
Our Team Values
INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR POSITION DESCRIPTION:
Responsibilities of the Independent Contractor:
· As an independent contractor you are responsible for having your own office space, business phone, email and other necessary aspects of managing your business and private practice.
· As an independent contractor you are responsible for having your own malpractice insurance.
· As an IC you agree to comply with all federal, state, local and professional laws regarding business permits and applicable licenses that may be required to carry out the work to be performed under the IC agreement with California Relationship Centers, LLC.
· Provide psychotherapy/coaching (whatever is applicable) for individuals & partners.
· Maintain a caseload as agreed upon between Center and IC (typically of at least 6 -10 + client sessions a week, but other agreed upon amounts are acceptable).
· Must be willing to work sufficient hours (often including evenings and/or weekends) to accommodate clients’ schedules. The position strongly encourages a minimum of two evening shifts (for example 4pm-9pm) and at least one weekend day shift, particularly if working with couples/partners (Saturday or Sunday). Evenings and weekends are often necessary to accommodate partners for couple, sex & relationship therapy and/or coaching, but as an IC you make your own schedule. We trust that ICs will allot the appropriate time to meet with The Centers’ clients in the spirit of the contract.
· Enthusiasm for couples counseling, sex therapy and attachment focused modalities and/or your area of specialty (example, EMDR, LGBTQ Therapy, Child Therapy etc.).
· Maintain active registration as a licensed clinician (if applicable).
· Comply with legal and ethical standards as set forth by the state of California & Federal Regulations.
· Clinical experience, training and knowledge of relationship attachment based modalities or related specialties.
· Commitment to deepening such clinical experience and knowledge of relationship attachment-based or relevant clinical modalities. Participate in appropriate ongoing professional training and education as is ethically and/or legally required by state licensing boards.
· Willingness to participate in the team by sharing your clinical strengths and interests.
CALIFORNIA RELATIONSHIP CENTERS PROVIDE:
• Steady stream of referrals, marketing and support.
• Personal Marketing uniquely tailored for each contractor and their areas of specialty.
• Live receptionists who answer initial referral calls seven days per week.
• Optional Monthly (at least) group case consultation via peer led groups.
• Supportive team environment and community.
• Training & teaching opportunities
• Competitive Compensation.
• Quarterly or bi-annual community meetings
• Opportunities for blogging, pod-casts and public speaking to further support your experience as an expert in the field.
• Annual Team Retreat
• Be part of California’s leading team of expert couples counselors, LGBTQ psychotherapists and sex therapists.
• Gain hours towards AASECT certification in Sex Therapy.
To apply, please fill out the form below and then send in your resume and cover letter to Californiarelationshipcenters@gmail.com (make sure there is an "S" after centers). In the subject line, please write "Independent Contractor Position Application". In your letter, please tell us why you would like to join our team, about your relevant experience in relationship attachment based modalities and any other strengths you have. Tell us about your goals and how joining our team may facilitate your journey. We would also like to know about your own personal experiences in therapy and self-growth and how that influences you as a clinician. Thank you.